Wednesday, June 20, 2007

One of my photos made the website!!!

Yesterday was an amazing day! It was my turn on the boat and we were out for over 6 hours. The most wonderful and unusual thing is that we were out by ourselves without any whale watch boats. That's especially nice because it's very clear then whether or not the whale wants to encounter us.

And that they did yesterday! It was some members of J-Pod. The K-Pod and the remaining L-Pod have still yet to arrive. Most of our encounters yesterday were with single whales and felt very intimate. Exactly the experience for which I have uprooted my life in hopes of attaining!!!

I captured an amazing shot of J-1 (the largest male of all SRKW's) spyhopping with snow-covered Mt. Baker in the background which is an enormous feat of which I'm incredibly proud. What a dream come true to be out here photographing the creatures I so adore!




Here is the picture on The Center for Whale Research website.

All the best,
Michelle




9 comments:

Sherry Ann said...

this is AWESOME..... How cool to live your dream.... Miss you and love you
Sherry Ann

Anonymous said...

Very COOL! I am really
diggin' the photographs and love showing them to my kids!
Awesome!
PEACE
Amy B-G

Anonymous said...

I hope yuo are having a great time! Stay safe and we'll see you when you get back.

Mike G.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Michelle. I am sooo jealous! The pictures and the updates are wonderful. Please take care and know that we are all missing you here.

- d

Anna Marie said...

Congratulations what an amazing icing on the cake to a kick ass dream! You are on fire girl! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing Michelle! Thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I dig. You rock. 'Nuf said. :)

~SoBe

Anonymous said...

Way cool!!! Thanks for awesome pictures!
Love,
Shellie

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!

Thanks for sharing.